The City of Newport announced this afternoon that per a request by the applicant, a petition for a special use permit and variance to the dimensional requirements for permission to demolish the existing structures and construct a 150-room hotel on Waites Wharf is not expected to be heard during this month’s meeting of the Zoning Board of Review.
The petition of Harbor Realty, LLC, had been scheduled to be taken up by the City’s Zoning Board of Review on Monday, Aug. 26. However, following a request by the applicant, the matter is expected to be continued until October, according to Tom Shevlin, Communication Officer for the City of Newport.
In addition to appearing before the Zoning Board of Review, the applicants are also required to go before the Planning Board and Technical Review Committee. Dates for those hearings have not yet been determined but are expected soon.
Applications for all matters appearing before the City’s Zoning Board of Review can be found online at www.CityofNewport.com/ZoningBoard.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free