Sign up for What’sUpNewp’s free daily newsletter, we’ll keep you in the know!
It’s wicked good, we promise!
With all that’s happening in and around Newport this summer, we’re looping back and trying to catch up with some local venues (here’s Hotel Viking and Gurney’s) to find out what’s happening, new, and to do at their busy venues.
For this story, we head to Newport Vineyards for a mid-summer round up of all that’s up at Taproot Brewing Co, Newport Vineyards, and Brix Restaurant.
Summer Tastes Better at Newport Vineyards
Summer tastes better at Newport Vineyards with their line-up of live music, estate grown wines, fresh Taproot Beer and farm-fresh foodie treats and events. So head on over, grab a glass, trade in the ocean views for an afternoon overlooking their sea of vines and get on “vineyard time.”
- Wednesdays from 5pm – 8pm
- Saturdays through August from 1pm – 4pm
- Sundays from 1pm – 4pm
- Visit newportvineyards.com for the complete line up
Inaugural Vine Dinner: Dine Amongst the Vines
- Sunday, August 25 5pm – 8pm
- Dine amongst the vines while Executive Chef Andy Teixeira and his culinary team cook over an open fire, a mix of plated and family style courses, all made from scratch al fresco. Our first ever Vine Dinner will be set in our meadow overlooking our rustic farm road, vineyards and pastoral views. Come with old friends and leave with new ones. Open seating. Wine/Beer/Non-Alcoholic beverages included. 21+
- Full Details/Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inaugural-vine-dinner-dine-amongst-the-vines-tickets-65199942784
Farm Fresh + Frose Pops:
- Taproot Brewing Co. serves up fresh craft beer as well farm fresh fare. Lunch served daily during the summer. Al fresco dining overlooking the vines, or indoors in the Taproom.
- Brix Restaurant offers dinner Tuesday – Saturday. Their full 100% scratch farm to table cooking will knock your socks off, as well the winery tank room and barrel room views.
- Don’t miss out on Burger & Beer Tuesdays where a selection of burgers and a fresh Taproot pint is just $12 in Taproot for lunch and $15 in Brix for dinner.
- Fan favorite Flight Night takes place every Wednesday evening in Brix where guests enjoy $10 wine and beer flights and $10 select small plates.
- *Insider tip, be sure to check out the live music in the winery/brewery and then head up to Brix for some flights and bites.
- Last but certainly not least, the winery is serving up Frose Pops every weekend through the summer. You heard that right! Frozen Rose! Supplies limited so get ‘em while they last!
For more information on Newport Vineyards, visit www.newportvineyards.com.