This obituary originally appeared on O’Neill Hayes Funeral Home.
Brenda Daglis, age 58, of Portsmouth, RI, passed away on July 5, 2019, surrounded by her loving family. Brenda was the daughter of Jeraldine E. Reynolds and the late William F. Reynolds. Brenda grew up in Newport and Middletown, RI and graduated from Rogers High School. There, many of her happiest years were spent alongside Alex Daglis, who she would marry at the Community of Christ Church in Tiverton, RI she would continue to spend the majority of her life in Portsmouth happily alongside her husband while working as a seamstress and interior decorator.
Brenda was preceded in death by the love of her life and husband, Alex Daglis. Brenda is survived by her two children, Alex and Nick Daglis. she leaves her sisters and brother: Kim Reynolds, Priscilla Desmarais, Dina Pimental and her husband Michael Pimental, Billy Reynolds and his wife Lisa Reynolds, and the late Katie Perugini, as well as several cherished nieces and nephews.
Brenda lived to facilitate an environment of love and warmth for her husband and children. She possessed a mind full of creativity and a constant drive to solve the problems of those around her. She enjoyed gardening, home interior decoration, afternoons of solitude and the company of a handful of German Shepherds. She will be remembered as a supportive and affectionate mother, a devoted wife and a deeply compassionate aunt, sister, daughter and friend.
A Memorial Service will be held on Sunday, July 14th at the Community of Christ Church, 2 Brayton Road, Tiverton, R.I. at 2 PM.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates