The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) would like to inform the motoring public that on Wednesday, June 12th, between the hours of 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. there will be a power outage on parts of the Newport Pell Bridge.
Due to scheduled maintenance and electrical upgrades taking place on Sycamore Street in Newport, where one of the bridge transformers is located, the eastern approach of the Newport Pell Bridge will experience a temporary power outage. This outage will affect: deck lights, gantry signs and speed limit signs on the eastern approach of the bridge. Utilities on the main span and western approach will not be affected.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill