Emmanuel Church has announced that Rev’d Dr. Anita Louise Schell will be departing their church.
Schell has served as Emmanuel’s 18th rector since Mother’s Day 2010. In August she begins her tenure priest as St. Ann’s Parish, Old Lyme, CT.
Emmanuel Church is inviting the public to Mother Anita’s final service on Sunday, June 30th at 10 am.
The service on June 30 will be include a celebration of Mother Anita’s ministry, and she will be the preacher. Special music for the occasion will include Louis Vierne’s “Berceuse” and “Carillon” for organ played by guest organist Diana Norton-Jackson and Elgar’s “Nimrod” for organ and violin and Cesar Franck’s “Panis Angelicus, “ sung fro Alesia Tringale. The violinist and soprano soloists are members of Seele Musical Chamber Ensemble. Xander Wilkinson will perform on the oboe and accompany congregational signing.
The service is free and a fellowship hour follows the service. Free parking is located in the lot directly across the street from the church.
For more information, visit www.emmanuelnewport.
The Latest From WUN
- Concert Recap and Photos: Jake Blount at Common Fence Music (October 16, 2021)
- Cathleen Carr named new executive director of newportFILM
- Ocean State Job Lot hosting hiring events at all store locations
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve