The 13th Norman Bird Sanctuary 5k was run on Saturday morning, hundreds of runners enjoyed the beauty of Norman Bird Sanctuary and Sachuest Point. All proceeds from the race benefit Norman Bird Sanctuary’s mission of wildlife conservation and environmental education.
The 13th Annual 5K also honored the memory of David Leys Jr., a longtime Aquidneck islander and friend who helped create this special event. After a courageous five year battle against ALS, Dave passed away in August of 2017
Maddie O’Neill, 13, of Wakefield was the top female finisher, while Adrian Massie, 41, of Newport was the top male finisher.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch