The Newport Police Department announced today in a press release that road construction will be taking place on Bellevue Ave at Prospect Hill Street on Tuesday, June 11th, Wednesday, June 12th, and Thursday, June 13th, 2019.
Work will consist of the final concrete restoration from previous work done by National Grid Gas. The sub-contractor Hartford Paving will be completing the work. Police Officers will be onsite to facilitate traffic. Work will consist of saw cutting and the removal of three large concrete panels and the pouring of new concrete in the northbound lane only.
Bellevue Ave Northbound will closed from Memorial Blvd to Prospect Hill Street beginning Tuesday 06/11 at 7 am and will fully reopen to traffic on Friday 06/14 at 7 am during the construction and curing of newly poured concrete. Bellevue Ave southbound will remain fully open to traffic during the duration of construction.
Motorist may use Americas Cup Ave and Spring Street to access points north.
The release is also being hand delivered today to businesses on Bellevue Ave from Memorial Blvd to Downing Street, according to Newport Police Department.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million