Newport Art Museum’s Art After Dark is back on Thursday, June 13 from 5 – 8 pm.
In celebration of the Museum’s current exhibition “Avant Gardens,” Art After Dark in June will explore our relationship to and interaction with our environment through “Kicking and Screening”, an evening of short experimental dances created specifically for film. These curated films explore the diverse cultural backgrounds, environments, and artistic languages of their dancers and choreographers. Each film is created to capture the moving body within a moving frame, but each does so in its own unique way – crafting worlds that range from the narrative and familiar, to the abstract and alien. All are welcome to join this evening of compelling national and international dance films, followed by conversation with co-curators Ali Kenner Brodsky and Andy Russ.
Art After Dark is from 5 – 8 pm, and the films will begin at 6 pm. Admission to Art After Dark is free for Members, and a suggested $10 donation for non-Members. Film tickets are $10 and available at newportartmuseum.org. Cash bar and light refreshments will be available.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup