Newport Art Museum’s Art After Dark is back on Thursday, June 13 from 5 – 8 pm.
In celebration of the Museum’s current exhibition “Avant Gardens,” Art After Dark in June will explore our relationship to and interaction with our environment through “Kicking and Screening”, an evening of short experimental dances created specifically for film. These curated films explore the diverse cultural backgrounds, environments, and artistic languages of their dancers and choreographers. Each film is created to capture the moving body within a moving frame, but each does so in its own unique way – crafting worlds that range from the narrative and familiar, to the abstract and alien. All are welcome to join this evening of compelling national and international dance films, followed by conversation with co-curators Ali Kenner Brodsky and Andy Russ.
Art After Dark is from 5 – 8 pm, and the films will begin at 6 pm. Admission to Art After Dark is free for Members, and a suggested $10 donation for non-Members. Film tickets are $10 and available at newportartmuseum.org. Cash bar and light refreshments will be available.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals