Gentle Community Yoga is now being offered daily on Third Beach, by Rev Shelley Dungan and staff from The Sacred Center, an interfaith center for well being that is based out of Portsmouth.
Locals and visitors are invited to participate Tuesday – Sunday from 7:30 – 8:30 AM, and/or Monday – Friday 6:00-7:00 PM.
Cost is $10, with a portion of funds go to support Clean Ocean Access.
All are welcome regardless of ability to pay. No yoga experience is needed. Participants are invited to park for free during class in the resident lot up the street from the boat launch. No yoga mat needed, just a big blanket.
For weather related cancellations, visit their Facebook page – The Sacred Center Portsmouth.
For more information, visit www.sacred-center.org
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools