The City of Newport announced on their Facebook Page on Friday that Newport Open Tower Days return this weekend!
“Once again this summer, Newport residents and visitors are invited to climb to the top of Miantonomi Tower every Saturday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. beginning June 15th through August.
Perched at the highest point in Newport in the heart of Miantonomi Park, a trip to the top of this iconic stone structure promises visitors sweeping views of Aquidneck Island, Narragansett Bay, and beyond.
The tower was completed in 1929 and designed by the renowned architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White as a memorial to the First World War.
Visiting is free and open to the public.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now