The Naval War College President was administratively reassigned June 9 to the Director of Navy Staff. Harley assumed his duties as Naval War College president in July 2016. Lewis M. Duncan, Provost of the Naval War College, has temporarily assumed the duties of the President of the Naval War College.
Read the story – APNewsBreak: Naval War College head reassigned pending probe
The military is investigating Jeffrey A. Harley, president of the U.S. Naval War College, amid allegations that “he spent excessively, abused his hiring authority and otherwise behaved inappropriately, including keeping a margarita machine in his office”, according to Associated Press (AP).
Rear Admiral Jeff Harley is the 56th President of the U.S. Naval War College.
Read more from the AP – APNewsBreak: Navy probing claims against war college leader.
This story is breaking news and is developing.
The Latest From WUN
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network