The Alliance Française of Newport announced today that it has given its annual award for Excellence in French to Megan Parham, a 2019 graduate of Salve Regina University. Ms. Parham double-majored in Business Administration and French, and spent a year in Paris as part of her academic studies.
The Alliance Française of Newport, with over 160 members, is one of more than 800 local Alliance chapters active in 132 countries worldwide. The mission, promotion of French language and culture, is accomplished through social-cultural events and language classes offered throughout the year.
For further information about The Alliance Française of Newport, visit alliancefrancaisenewportri.org.
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels