This story was originally published at 10:55 am on May 4, 2019.
Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 12th, and chances are that you’re scrambling around at the last minute looking to make those plans to celebrate your beautiful and amazing Mom!
Here’s a look at where to dine and what to do with Mom on her very special day;
Brick Alley Pub
Treat Mom to a very special brunch, lunch, or dinner at The Brick! For more than 35 years, they’ve been feeding moms from near and far!
Gulf Stream Bar & Grille
Escape Newport and head to Gulf Stream Bar & Grille on Mother’s Day and enjoy Mother’s Day brunch on the Portsmouth waterfront.
Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina
Join us Sunday, May 12th for Mother’s Day Brunch from 11AM to 3PM! Enjoy Brunch “buffet-style” and select from our breakfast station, carving station, raw bar, and much more! $85 per person • $75 Seniors/ Active Military • $35 for children (4-12). For any inquiries or reservations, please call 401-851-3325, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. SEE THE MENU
Cheers to Mom with a glass of wine in hand while enjoying a day at Brix Restaurant and overlooking the vines. Show her your appreciation with Brix Restaurant’s farm-to-table Mom’s Day Brunch. Then head down to the vineyard for wine tastings and live music by Grayson Ty (1pm – 4pm). See the menu HERE.
Please call 401.848.5161 x0 for questions.
One Bellevue at Hotel Viking
Treat Mom to a delicious brunch and much needed cocktail. Mother’s Day brunch at Hotel Viking includes Carving station featuring Roast Prime Rib, Au Jus and Honey Grain Glazed Ham, Full Raw Bar with fresh Clams, Local Oysters, Poached Shrimp, Crab Claws and Mussles, Omelet Station, breakfast sweets such as Strawberry Stuffed French Toast and house made pastries, and Keel Bloody Mary Bar Included (one per person). $87 per adult, $70 per senior, and $35 per child (ages 6-12). All Tax and Service Charges included. Seating is limited. To make a reservation, please visit Hotel Viking Online.
Mainsail at Newport Marriott
MainSail will serve a special brunch buffet to celebrate Mother’s Day from 10 am to 2 pm, with a made-to-order omelet station, carving station and dessert selections. $49 for adults, $20 for children 12 and under. Reservations can be made by phone at 401-849-7788 or online at OpenTable.
Castle Hill Inn
Treat Mom to something special this year – a special Brunch at Castle Hill. Trust us, she won’t say no.
- Reservations available from 11:30am– 3:00pm.
- Chef Lou has prepared a special menu for the occasion, shown below.
- Live music throughout the day.
- Reservations are required. All reservations will require a credit card to hold, reservations cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be charged a cancellation fee of $25 per person.
- More Info/View Menu
Mom, margaritas, and brunch were made for each other, especially on Mother’s Day! If it’s nice out, the patio may even be open! Enjoy Diego’s world-famous great Mexican take on brunch from 9 am to 2 pm, lunch menu available from 11:30 am to 5 pm and dinner menu from 5 pm to 9 p.m. See The Menus.Reservations strongly suggested at 401-619-2640.
Celebrate your special Mom with an experience at The Vanderbilt! Brunch or afternoon tea in a beautiful, history-filled mansion is just what Mom needs! Reservations And More Info
Celebrate Mother’s Day at OceanCliff on Sunday, May 12th and treat the special mothers in your life to a fantastic brunch buffet with panoramic views of Narragansett Bay. Enjoy our raw bar, carving station, omelets prepared to order, desserts and more. Visit www.newportexperience.com to view the full menu. $54 per person | $25 for children under 12. There will be two seatings from 10-11 am and 1-2 pm. Call 401-849-4873 for reservations or email email@example.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune