Newport Public Schools announced today that the last day of classes has been moved to June 21st, due to make-up days from the gas outage.
The 2018-2019 school calendar has been revised, with the four make-up days from the gas outage, the last day of school for students will be Friday, June 21st. Note that Thursday, June 20 and Friday, June 21 are both half days with RHS dismissing at 10:45 am, TMS dismissing at 11:15 am and PES dismissing at 11:45 am. The last day for teachers will be Monday, June 24, 2019.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals