The City of Newport’s Department of Public Services is joining hundreds of Public Works Departments from across New England to collect food and household goods to support our local community food bank needs.
Newport’s Fill-A-Public Works Truck Food Drive will be taking place during National Public Works Week, from May 19-25, 2019 and will support the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Food Bank.
Donation bins will be available at the following locations:
• Stop & Shop at 250 Bellevue Avenue and 199 JT Connell Highway,
• Newport City Hall at 43 Broadway, Public Works office at 80 Halsey Street,
• Public Services office at 280 Spring Street.
“On behalf of the City of Newport Public Services Department, we thank you in advance for your support of this critical community need,” an announcement from the City states.
Further questions on how you can help may be directed to Dawn Piers, Senior Clerk Typist at (401) 845-5620.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)