The BankNewport 10 Miler will host runners from near and far on Sunday, June 2nd, for a road race starting and finishing at Fort Adams.
When the starting gun fires at 7:30 am on Sunday, participants will cross the start line just outside the historic walls of Fort Adams, exit the State Park, turn right onto Harrison Avenue past Hammersmith farms and follows a looped route that takes them on a scenic tour of some of Newport’s most famous vistas, including Brenton Point, Green Bridge, Gooseberry Beach, and Bellevue Avenue. The course concludes with runners charging through the North Gate of Fort Adams for a stadium-style finish where they’ll collect their medals and enjoy a post-race beer garden, provided by Ragged Island Brewing Company.
BankNewport is the title sponsor for the 2019 event. RunNewport, Ragged Island, Fitzpatrick Team of Remax Newport, NPT Healthworks, and Hippeas Snacks are also event partners. The event is produced by Gray Matter Marketing, who’s event portfolio also includes the Amica Newport Marathon, the Craft Brew Races series and the 4 Bridges Ride.
The 2019 BankNewport 10 Miler benefits the Fort Adams Trust and the Boys and Girls Club of Newport County — a portion of every registration is donated directly to these deserving organizations.
A limited number of tickets remain for this event, and online registration will close on Thursday, May 30th. Interested participants are encouraged to register ahead of time, online, to ensure a spot on the starting line.
The BankNewport 10 Miler is a part of the New England 10 Miler series. This year’s events include the completed Portland 10 Miler (April 28th) and the upcoming Vermont 10 Miler in Stowe, Vermont on November 3rd.
For information on potential traffic delays and community impact, visit www.banknewport10miler.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)