One of the most common things Scales & Shells says that they have heard over the last 30 years is, “We wish Scales was open during the day.”
Well, they’ve heard you loud and clear, and the popular Lower Thames Street restaurant has announced that starting May 4th, Scales & Shells will be offering brunch on Saturdays & Sundays in 1/2 Shell, their Oyster Room, and outside along their Sidewalk Café.
Their brunch menu features the top-quality seafood Scales & Shells is known for, along with a fresh take on breakfast staples, like the Scales Breakfast Sandwich, with havarti, arugula, crispy prosciutto and fried egg on a brioche bun, and our signature Bloody Mary, rimmed with Newport Sea Salt’s Butcher’s Blend & topped with celery foam.
In celebration of the launch, Scales & Shells invited What’sUpNewp for Brunch Preview on Sunday. Have a look at what’s coming your way for brunch below;
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses