Celebrate Mother’s Day with an afternoon of folk and fiddle-infused music at Channing Memorial Church (135 Pelham St, Newport RI 02840). The Newport String Quartet will be joined by special guests Rachel Panitch (fiddle) and Mike Sokolovsky (guitar).
Head to La Forge Restaurant (186 Bellevue Ave) before or after the concert and receive 10% off your meal when you pre-purchase your ticket through Eventbrite!
Tickets: $10 in advance through Eventbrite/ $15 at doorEventbrite link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mothers-day-with-newport-string-project-and-la-forge-casino-restaurant-tickets-59480878910
Noted for its eclectic and innovative programming, the Newport String Project is committed to presenting highly expressive performances of masterworks, alongside works by emerging and rarely heard composers in intimate, inclusive settings throughout Newport. With a dual emphasis on performance and education, the project also includes a rigorous youth mentoring program, which currently provides free lessons in violin, viola and cello to almost forty students in Newport.
To learn more about the Newport String Project’s mission, visit www.newportstringproject.org
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13