With brighter skies ahead – and at the insistence of Mother Nature – the Newport Daffodil Days Festival has announced that they have re-scheduled two of its most popular events that were scheduled for this past weekend.
On Saturday, April 27, stroll through the magnificent, daffodil-adorned gardens at Bellevue House and enjoy live music, a cash bar and Dances Among the Daffodils performed by the RI Ballet Theater.
TIME: 3:30 – 5pm
LOCATION: Bellevue House
304 Bellevue Ave., Newport
$5 Suggested Donation. FREE with Daffy Pin
Parade participants will gather at the far east end of the Easton’s Beach parking lot between 7 and 8am. Take time to stroll over next door to view the thousands of daffodils in bloom at Dunlap-Wheeler Park. At 8am, the Driving Miss Daffodil cavalcade will depart, touring the charming landscape of Newport, including elegant Bellevue Avenue and the picturesque Ocean Drive. The parade will end on the lawn at historic Fort Adams, for “cars, coffee and daffodils.” Spectators are encouraged to come out and view the displays (no charge for viewing the cars at the beach or at the Fort). Prizes for Daffiest dressed cars (and drivers!).
DRIVING MISS DAFFODIL ENTRANTS GATHER
- TIME: 7-8AM
- LOCATION: Easton’s Beach (far east end)
- FREE for spectators; $25 to enter your car in the parade
- Go to https://conta.cc/2PsneOM
COFFEE, CARS AND DAFFODILS
- TIME: 8:45-10AM
- LOCATION: Fort Adams
- FREE for spectators
The Latest From WUN
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021