Newport Daffodil Days Festival has announced that due to rain forecasted this Saturday, the Driving Miss Daffodil Classic Car Parade has been postponed to Saturday, May 4, departing the east end of Easton’s Beach parking lot at 8am. Details follow….
Join the Audrain Automobile Museum in honoring the Newport Daffodil Days Festival with a one-of-a-kind classic car parade! Embrace spring, decorate your car, and celebrate with us!
Parade participants will gather at the far east end of the Easton’s Beach parking lot between 7 and 8am. Take time to stroll over to view the thousands of daffodils in bloom at Dunlap-Wheeler Park. At 8am, the Driving Miss Daffodil cavalcade will depart, touring the charming landscape of Newport, including elegant Bellevue Avenue and the picturesque Ocean Drive. The parade will end on the lawn at historic Fort Adams, for “cars, coffee and daffodils.” Spectators are encouraged to come out and view the display (no charge for viewing the cars at the beach or at the Fort). Prizes for Daffiest dressed cars (and drivers!).The registration fee for cars in the parade is $25. All money collected will be donated to the Newport Daffodil Days Festival.
- 7am – 8am – Participants meet at Easton’s Beach and walk over to view the field of daffodils set against the ocean.
- 8am – Depart from Easton’s Beach Parking Lot for Parade
- 8:45 – 10am – Classic Cars displayed on the lawn at Fort Adams with cars and coffee.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record