Newport’s Arts and Cultural Alliance’s monthly networking event, Arts Around the Fire, returns to Salvation Café on Wednesday, April 17th from 6-8 pm at Salvation Cafe’s Post & Beam room.
The Alliance’s guest will be Andrew Long, Outreach Coordinator and Property Manager at the Newport Congregational Church, who will update the community on the ongoing revitalization if the historic church at Pelham and Spring Streets in Newport.
The glorious space, with its important murals and windows by John LaFarge, is undergoing renovation and will be an exciting new venue for Newport’s cultural community.
Join fellow citizens of the arts to engage with colleagues about events affecting the cultural community and learn about new ideas and good work being done. Arts Around the Fire features a cash bar, complimentary hors d’oeuvres donated by Salvation Café and an informal atmosphere where artists and art lovers can connect.
The Alliance thanks Salvation Café for their hospitality. Sign up for an artists membership or become a supporting member of the Alliance, a coalition of individuals and non-profits committed to the advancement of arts and culture in Newport County.
Please join us, free, utterly informal, no reservations needed. Info at www.newportarts.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals