Join What’s Up Newp and Jane Pickens Theater on May 1st for a 20th Anniversary celebration and screening of Outside Providence.
Outside Providence is a 1999 comedy film adaptation of Peter Farrelly’s 1988 novel of the same name. Farrelly, who calls Rhode Island home, just won an Oscar for Best Picture for Green Book.
The film was directed by Michael Corrente, and it was written by Corrente and the brothers Peter and Bobby Farrelly. Centering on Timothy “Dildo/Dunph” Dunphy, the film is about his life of mischief, his “incentive” to attend the Cornwall Academy preparatory boarding school, and his realization that the haze in which he has lived has to give way to something that will stay with him forever. The book is based on Peter Farrelly’s experience at Kent School, a prep school in Kent, Connecticut.
Brown University, Mt. St. Charles Arena, URI, Providence, Cranston, and Woonsocket were among the Rhode Island locations used in the film.
As with all of our WUN + JPT events, the night will include live music, the screening, and maybe even a few other surpirses.
**Schedule Of Events
– Doors open and bands starts at 6:30 pm (Band to be announced)
– Film at 7:30 pm
Tickets are $10 per person and available now at the Jane Pickens Theater box office and online at http://janepickens.com/shows/whats-up-newp-the-jpt-present-outside-providence.
More From What’s Up Newp
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup
- Obituary: Minnie Parker
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- What's Up at The Wayfinder and Nomi Park: Rhode Race activities, poolside yoga, eats, cocktails, and more