With Tax Day looming large and sweeping tax reform passed in recent months, WalletHub today released its 2019 Taxpayer Survey as well as its yearly Tax Rates by State report in order to help people better understand this confusing time of year.
You can find highlights from both below, followed by the full list of WalletHub’s 2019 taxpayer resources.
Tax Rates in Rhode Island (1=Lowest; 25=Avg.):
- 44th – Overall Effective State & Local Tax Rate
- 16th – Income Tax
- 42nd – Real-Estate Tax
- 51st – Vehicle Property Tax
- 17th – Sales & Excise Taxes
2019 Taxpayer Survey
- Fewer than 4 in 10 people are happy with President Trump’s tax reforms. 70% think they benefit the rich more than the middle class.
- 89% of people think the government currently does not spend their tax dollars wisely.
- 31% of people say making a math mistake is their biggest Tax Day fear, edging out not having enough money (28%) at the top of the list.
- 36% of people would move to a different country for a tax-free future. 24% would get an “IRS” tattoo and 15% would take a vow of celibacy.
To see the full story, visit https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-to-be-a-taxpayer/2416/.
WalletHub’s 2019 Taxpayer Resources
- What To Do If You Can’t Pay
- Pros & Cons Of Paying With Credit
- Tax Scams & Tips for Avoiding Them
- Last-Minute Tax Tips
- Property Taxes by State
More From What’s Up Newp
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8
- Barrington home built by golfer Brad Faxon sells for more than $4.5 million