Join the Benefactors of the Arts for the June and September 2019 Secret Garden Tours. Take a self-guided walking tour through Newport, RI’s historic Point section June 14-16. From September 6-8, garden aficianados can take a fall tour of some of the most beautiful, prestigious gardens and properties On & Off Bellevue Avenue, the Drive and the Kay/Catherine neighborhoods.
The tours run daily from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and tickets are good for any or all days of the tour, allowing for inclement weather, schedule conflicts, or just a late start. In Spring 2014, Conde Nast Traveler Magazine named Newport, Rhode Island “one of the best walking cities in the U.S.” and specifically mentioned the June Secret Garden Tour through the city’s historic Point section as one of the highlights.
Tickets are now available for the 2019 Tours and can be purchased in advance online at www.secretgardentours.org for a discounted rate of $20. Group rates are also available for five or more persons with additional discounts available. Check the website for more details on our group rates. Be sure to check the Facebook page www.facebook.com/SecretGardenTours for updates, events, beautiful garden photos and more. Since 1984, the organizers and supporters of The Secret Garden Tour have been dedicated to enhancing art education and cultural programs in Aquidneck Island’s Public Schools, funding dozens of programs in music, theater and fine arts for local schoolchildren. To date, The Secret Garden Tour has given more than $1 million to Aquidneck Island students in public schools for art, music, theater and other cultural programming. For additional information, be sure to visit the website.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library