On Tuesday, March 5th, 2019, the City Council met for a joint workshop with their counterparts on the School Committee to discuss the current and future space needs of the School Department.
The City of Newport has made the following information available from that meeting;
The meeting, which can be viewed below, is part of a process designed to engage the community in a broader discussion regarding new school construction.
Representatives from StudioJAED, a Providence-based architectural firm hired by the School Department, presented several options designed to address the short-term needs of the schools, most notably the relocation of the schools’ Pre-K program and School Administration offices. Their presentation and recommendations can be downloaded below.
More From What’s Up Newp
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8
- Barrington home built by golfer Brad Faxon sells for more than $4.5 million