The following information was released from Newport Police Department today ahead of the 63rd Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade;
The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held on Saturday March 16, 2019. The parade will begin at 11:00 a.m. Parade participants will begin staging on lower Broadway at 9:00 a.m.
Parking restrictions begin at 5:00 a.m. until approximately 3:00 p.m. All vehicles parked in restricted areas will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
Parking is not allowed on the following streets; Broadway from Cranston/Equality Park West to Washington Square Equality Park Place and Equality Park West Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Boulevard (West Side) Spring Street at Bull Street Washington Square from Broadway to Thames Street Thames Street south from America’s Cup to Morton Avenue Carroll Avenue from Morton Avenue to Harrison Avenue Both sides of America’s Cup Avenue at the Gateway Center Narragansett Avenue between Spring Street and Bellevue Avenue
Traffic flow is anticipated to be heavy so plan your driving accordingly. There are 2 public lots available in the downtown area. The Waterfront Parking Lot, 9 Mary Street and the Gateway Center, 23 America’s Cup Avenue.
The Newport Police Department will have a strong uniformed and plainclothes presence to make this a fun, safe and family friendly event. The Newport Police Department will be strictly enforcing City Ordinances (open containers of alcohol in public, noise violations, disorderly conduct, and underage drinking) along the parade route and the surrounding areas.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million