IYRS School of Technology and Trades has announced that they will host their annual IYRS Career Day , a National Job Fair & Networking Event, on Saturday, March 23rd from 9 am to 1 pm at the school’s campus at 449 Thames Street.
This is a job fair for those seeking employment in the fields of marine trades, composites, manufacturing, design and innovation, and associated “hands-on” career opportunities and industries.
Over 40 exhibitors from the New England area and across the country will be looking to fill employee positions.
The event, hosted by IYRS School of Technology and Trades, Rhode Island Marine Trades Association and Composites Alliance of Rhode Island, will also provide a networking opportunity for industry influencers.
- What: Career Day at IYRS School of Technology & Trades in Newport, RI
- Sponsored by: IYRS, Rhode Island Marine Trades Association (RIMTA), Composites Alliance of Rhode Island, Real Jobs Rhode Island
- Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Time: Workshops & meet-ups begin at 9:00 am, main event opens at 10:00 am, main event ends around 12:00 pm, flash talks begin shortly there-after and the event concludes at 1:00 pm.
- Cost to Attend: Free & Open to the Public
- Registration: Advanced registration requested; visit www.iyrscareerday.com to register.
- Who Should Attend: Individuals who are employed or seek to be trained/ employed for careers in the maritime (boating) trades, composites, manufacturing, and associated “hands-on” industries. The event is an opportunity to meet new contacts, job search, get inspired with new career ideas or opportunities, and attend lectures and workshops from experts in these industries, as well as experts in career-related functions such as job hunting, using technology to job search, write a resume or approach a company for opportunities.
For more information, visit https://www.iyrscareerday.com/
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill