The Alliance Française of Newport has announced they will present “Solo Ocean Racing: A Special French Sport” on Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 2:00 pm at the Antone Academic Center in the DiStefano Lecture Hall at 56 Lawrence Ave at Salve Regina University in Newport.
Emmanuel Dary, French Naval Commandant, will tell the tales of famous solo races and racers, including Vendée Globe, route du Rhum and the legendary racer, Eric Tabarly.
Commandant Dary was born in Brittany and joined the French Navy 16 years ago. He enjoys sailing in his free time. He is currently assigned to The Naval War College in Newport.
The presentation will be in French. Questions and Answers will be in English.
This event is free and open to the public.
Reservations are required. Email email@example.com by April 1, 2019 to reserve a space.
The Alliance Française of Newport has been part of an international organization for 65 years dedicated to the study of the French language and to promoting cultural exchange. Members of the AFN participate in conversation groups, art gallery and museum events and lectures about French culture and history. Guests are welcome.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now