The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport County’s monthly networking event, Arts Around the Fire, continues at Salvation Café on Tuesday, March 19th from 6 pm – 8 pm.
The Alliance’s guest this month will be Leora Maltz-Leca, Curator of Contemporary Projects at the Redwood Library. Maltz-Leca, who is also Associate Professor of Global Contemporary Art at RISD, will focus on the new Redwood Contemporary Arts Initiative, its mission, its logic, and its past and upcoming projects.
Arts Around the Fire is an opportunity for artists, writers, performers and audiences to engage with colleagues about events affecting the cultural community and learn about new ideas and good work being done. Arts Around the Fire features a cash bar, complimentary hors d’oeuvres donated by Salvation Café and an informal atmosphere where artists and art lovers can connect.
The Alliance thanks Salvation Café for their hospitality. Sign up for an artists membership or become a supporting member of the Alliance, a coalition of individuals and non-profits committed to the advancement of arts and culture in Newport County. Please join us, free, utterly informal, no reservations needed. Info at www.newportarts.org.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more