Rep. Deborah Ruggiero will deliver welcoming remarks at the annual conference of the Association for Women in Psychology, to be held Feb. 28 through March 3 at Gurney’s Newport Resort and Marina.
More than 400 psychologists from around the United States and the world are expected to learn, share, develop professionally and celebrate women’s contribution to psychology over the past 100 years, as well as the 50th anniversary of AWP. The association describes itself as “a diverse feminist community of psychologists and allied professionals invested in the integration of personal, professional, and political power in the service of social justice.”
“I’m honored to welcome the members of the Association for Women in Psychology to Newport. This is a group of very accomplished women who work for the important goals of eliminating stigmas, stereotypes and biases and challenging society, not just those in psychology and allied professions, to recognize the value and dignity of all individuals. Their work improves our world. I’m thrilled I’m thrilled that Rhode Island is hosting AWP and that they’ve chosen Newport to gather and do their great work,” said Representative Ruggiero (D-Dist. 74, Jamestown, Middletown) in a prepared statement.
For more information, visit the association’s website, www.riawp.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13