The Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT), Rhode Island Turnpike & Bridge Authority (RITBA), and City of Newport have announced the following road closures for the upcoming week.
RIDOT (February 16 – 22)
Middletown: Rte. 138A (Aquidneck Ave.) at Green End Ave., alternating lane closures for traffic signal work, Mon.-Fri. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
RITBA (February 17 – 23)
Newport Claiborne Pell Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Newport Claiborne Pell Bridge.
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: Eastbound Left Lane Closure- 2/19- 9 am to 3 pm
Route 138 Connector: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 Connector.
Mount Hope Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
Sakonnet River Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
Department of Utilities Projects for Week of February 19th
• The Department of Utilities’ contractor will begin construction sanitary sewer main improvements in Annandale Road from Berkeley Avenue to Parker Avenue on Tuesday, February 19th. This work is anticipated to be completed on March 8th. During construction, motorists are advised to seek an alternate route, with traffic patterns returning to normal at the end of each work day. Parking in the active construction area will be prohibited.
• The Department of Utilities’ engineer will be coordinating the installation of eleven (11) flow meters in selected sanitary sewer manholes beginning February 19th. The meters will measure flow in the sanitary sewer system through June. The data from the 2019 metering program will be compared to data from our 2010 metering program to assess the impact of improvements to the sewer system as part of City’s master plan to limit Combined Sewer Overflows (CSO).
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)