As Newport continues to recover from January’s natural gas outage, the City of Newport is reminding those affected by the incident to seek relief through National Grid’s claims process.
The City of Newport reminded residents on Monday that National Grid will cover the following costs on a reimbursement basis, as long as they are directly related to the gas event at hand:
· Reasonable lodging accommodation while gas service is unavailable
· Reasonable meals while gas service is unavailable
· Up to $250 per household for temporary heaters (i.e. space heaters, etc.)
Customers should keep receipts, fill out the attached form, and call 844-319-2523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process.
If customers choose to send items hardcopy via U.S. Mail, they can mail their receipts and form to the address below:
Crawford Company for National Grid, P.O. Box 4542, Manchester NH, 03108.
The Latest From WUN
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2