The 42nd Annual Newport Irish Heritage Month began on February 24th with its Annual St. Practice Day and officialy kicks-off on Sunday, March 3rd with Dancing at Fort Steps.
Here is the 2019 calendar of events for Newport Irish Heritage Month;
The Museum of Newport Irish History provides this comprehensive schedule based on input from the the Ancient Order of Hibernians, the Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians, the Newport, Rhode Island AOH Pipes & Drums, the Museum of Newport Irish History, the Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Committee, and other organizations which promote the Irish culture in Newport and the surrounding area.
2019 Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade
The 63rd Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will take place on Saturday, March 16th, 2019. It will begin promptly at 11:00 am from Newport City Hall and will proceed to Carroll Avenue at Saint Augustin’s Church in the heart of the Fifth Ward. The parade this year is estimated to last 2 hours and will include Pipe Bands, Marching Bands, Fife & Drum Corps, Clown Units, reenactment units, and a host of local, state, and regional organizations including police and fire units, social/fraternal organizations, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Schools, and non-profits.
The 2019 Grand Marshal will be Robert “Bobby” Lehane, Jr. The parade will be dedicated to the memory of Brother Lenny Murphy.
The parade is organized each year by an independent organization: The Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee.
For more information, visit the parade website atwww.newportirish.com.
For more information on the Ancient Order of Hibernians, visit www.aohnewport.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune