The 63rd Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will take place on Saturday, March 16th, 2019 at 11 am.
The parade this year is once again estimated to last 2 hours and will include Pipe Bands, Marching Bands, Fife & Drum Corps, Clown Units, reenactment units, and a host of local, state, and regional organizations including police and fire units, social/fraternal organizations, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Schools, and non-profits.
The Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is always held on the Saturday preceding March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day), unless the 17th is a Saturday in which case it is held on that day.
The 2019 Grand Marshal will be Robert “Bobby” Lehane, Jr. The parade will be dedicated to the memory of Brother Lenny Murphy.
The Parade will begin promptly at 11:00 am from Newport City Hall and will proceed down Broadway to Washington Square before taking a left onto Thames Street. From Thames Street the parade will take a left onto America’s Cup Boulevard and then will take a right onto Thames Street where it will conclude at Carroll Avenue at Saint Augustin’s Church in the heart of the Fifth Ward.
The parade is organized each year by The Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee.
For more updates, visit http://newportirish.com/.
What’sUpNewp will release our in-depth round-up of what’s happening at bars, restaurants, and across the city by March 2nd, 2019.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)