The Newport Polo Club has announced Newport Music Festival as the beneficiary of their 19th annual International Polo Charity Ball, Diamonds Are Forever.
“The Newport Music Festival is honored to be named the beneficiary of the 2019 Newport Polo Gala. The two organizations have a longstanding collaborative relationship, and we are delighted to deepen that connection. The Festival is delighted to contribute to this glamorous evening as we entertain and engage Newport Polo’s generous patrons,” said Pamela A. Pantos, NMF Executive Director in a press release on Thursday. “Diamonds Are Forever will be an exhilarating conclusion to our 2019 Festival.”
The 2019 Newport Music Festival will offer 45 concerts, including performances by Metropolitan Opera baritone Nathan Gunn; theatrical actress and singer Sierra Boggess, who reinvented the role of Christine in The Phantom of the Opera; and piano virtuoso and composer Marc-André Hamelin, to name but a few.
This season Newport Music Festival has announced that they will continue to build upon the inclusive, accessible programs first implemented in 2018 as part of its 50th Anniversary Season, including three free community concerts as well as special music education initiatives for underserved young people. The 2019 schedule and additional information can be found at newportmusic.org.
“We are thrilled to merge our efforts in support of one of the community’s most precious gems, the Newport Music Festival,” commented Newport Polo founder, Dan Keating in a press release, “and have a common goal of bringing international culture and fraternity to our shores.”
Newport Polo’s annual black-tie charity gala has become a social highlight of the summer polo season. “Over 400 generous and fun-loving attendees will turn out on Friday, August 2 to make a glamorous red carpet entrance inspired by the James Bond theme, at Newport’s famed Marble House mansion,” the announcement states.
With Guests of Honor, the South African Polo Team, the gala will include influences from the Rainbow Nation’s rhythms to its exquisite cuisine paired with renown South African wines and exotic spirit mixology. Adding to the excitement will be the evening’s collection of rare items up for bid in a Silent and Live auction of curated escapes, experiences, art, home & fashion, whose proceeds benefit the Newport Music Festival.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses