The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the near future, according to the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) and Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA).
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
RIDOT (Jan. 5 – 11)
No lane closures scheduled at this time.
RITBA (Jan. 6 – 12)
Newport Claiborne Pell Bridge: Westbound Left Lane Closure- 1/7- 9 am to 2 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: Westbound Right Lane Closure-1/12- 9 am to 3 pm
Route 138 Connector: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 Connector.
Mount Hope Bridge: There are currently no lane closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
Sakonnet River Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill