Rep. Lauren H. Carson and Sen. Dawn Euer have rescheduled their constituent meeting, which had to be postponed due to the Aquidneck Island gas outage, for Monday, Feb. 11 at 6 p.m. in St. John’s Guild Hall, 61 Poplar St., Newport.
Parking will be available behind the church, in the lot opposite 25 Willow St.
All House District 75 and Senate District 13 residents are welcome. (Visit vote.sos.ri.gov to determine your districts and see a list of the elected officials who represent you.)
In addition to the gas outage, Senator Euer and Representative Carson intend to discuss issues facing the state during the 2019 legislative session.
“We’re happy to have this opportunity to connect with our neighbors as the 2019 legislative session gets started. Senator Euer and I are looking forward to hearing what the people of Newport would like to see us accomplish at the State House, discussing the legislation we plan to introduce and having a conversation about the issues facing the state this year,” said Representative Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport) in a prepared statement.
Said Senator Euer (D-Dist. 13, Newport, Jamestown) in the statement, “We’d like to encourage all of our constituents in Newport and Jamestown to stop by and chat with us. We are your voice at the State House, and we rely on conversations with you to represent our community and its needs. We want to hear what’s on your minds, and we will listen.”
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend