Maryhope Hanlon, 77, of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, passed peacefully away at home on January 8, 2019 into the arms of her Saviour, Jesus.
Maryhope was born March 27,1941 in Shenandoah, PA to the late James Michaud and the late Mary (Starinsky) Michaud. After completing her GED, Maryhope attended CCRI to study psychology. She was employed by NUSC as a gate security guard. She is remembered as a devoted mother, grandmother, and an avid animal lover; and she loved the Lord with all her heart.
Maryhope is survived by her children; Debora Hanlon of Tiverton, RI., David Hanlon and his wife Lori of Middletown, RI., Daniel Hanlon and his wife Michelle of East Greenwich, RI., and Julien Ravenheart of Ottowa, Canada. Maryhope is also survived by her beloved grandchildren; Keith and his wife Ashley of Spring, Texas, Kelsey and her husband Ian of East Providence, Ryan, Michael, Kaitlin, Andrew, Ashley, Daniel, Molly, and Jack; her lifelong friend Jackie Gill, and her cat Tippy.
She was predeceased by her infant son, Robert, and her ex-husband Claude Fogale of Wewahitchka, Florida and her grandson Nicholas.
A memorial service will be held for Maryhope on Saturday January 19th, 2019 at 1p.m. at Graceway Church on 215 Forest Avenue in Middletown.
This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home, it has been republished with permission. The full obituary can be seen here – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Maryhope-Hanlon
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend