Brian J. Anderson aka BA, 54 of Middletown R.I. passed away on Saturday, 26 January, surrounded by his entire family.
He was the son of the late Charles and Eileen (Silvia) Anderson, born in Newport and raised in Middletown. Brian will be lovingly remembered by his children Brian J. Anderson II and his wife Kelly of Coventry RI, Shane Anderson of Newport R.I, his grandchildren Jayda Barksdale and Jaxon Anderson, who were the apples of his eye. Brian is also survived by his brother Charlie Anderson and his wife Susy (Camara), sister Melissa (Anderson) Wordell and her husband Sid of Little Compton R.I. and his many nieces and nephews.
Brian was a skilled carpenter and could fix or build anything, a yacht painter, and construction worker and loved the outdoors especially hunting and snowmobiling trips with his brother. He loved to cook and grow veggies which led to the family referring to him as Martha Stuart.
You will be sadly missed on Super Bowl Sunday, please put in a good word for a Patriots win.
In honor of Brian’s carefree nature to wear his blue jeans please feel free to dress casually to the visiting hours.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend visiting hours at the Memorial Funeral Home 375 Broadway on Wednesday, 30 January from 5-8 pm. Brian’s Funeral will be held on Thursday January 31, 2019 at 10:00 am in the funeral home.
Burial will be in St. Columba Cemetery Brown’s Lane in Middletown.
This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home, see it here – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Brian-Anderson
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune