Kayakers and dinghy owners take note: The Newport Harbormaster’s Office announced today that they will be accepting applications for dinghy and kayak rack spaces at the King Park and Willow Street dinghy racks beginning Feb. 1st until Feb. 28th.
Spaces will be determined through a lottery system, with a drawing held on March 4, 2019 at 9 a.m. at the Harbormaster Office, 39 America’s Cup Ave., with all welcome to attend.
In order to be eligible for the lottery, applicants must be at least 18 years old, and submit either a copy of their Newport voter registration card or driver’s license with Newport address along with their application.
When rack spaces are filled, any remaining names will be placed on a waiting list according to the order drawn from the lottery, according to the Harbormaster’s Office.
Winners will be notified via email within one week of the drawing, and must pay and pick up a sticker no later than March 31, 2019. Unpaid stickers will be released to the next person on the waiting list until all available spaces are filled. Please note that the waiting list is only for applicants who submitted applications during the Feb. 1-28 lottery period.
Applications will be available online at www.newportharbormaster.com or to pick up in person at the Harbormaster’s Office, 39 Americas Cup Ave. Please limit one per person, and one per dinghy or kayak.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Harbormaster’s Office at (401) 845-5815.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more