As EFC Newport has been without heat along with much of Newport this week, they initially considered going to one service on Sunday and shuffling through. However, after prayerful consideration, they say they realized that this is the time more than any time that they need to step boldly out in faith and friendship to our community.
In the spirit of their leaning into God with a joyful heart in all situations, they will embrace the loss of heat as an opportunity for service and outreach. This weekend will be a celebration of a Cozy Winterland at EFC.
They will hold two services, both 9 am and 11 am, and offer hot soup and hot cocoa following each.
Blount Fine Foods is partnering with EFC Newport to come down Sunday morning and set up a Soup Bar with hot soups after both Services, providing supplies, soup, warmers, and 2-3 volunteers to oversee and serve. They will also have soup to send home in cups. FREE of Charge.
EFC Newport will set up a hot cocoa bar with all the fixings, along with hot coffee, teas and juice.
Pastor Paul will be leading both services, with a message of God’s promises, according to EFC Newport.
The community is invited to join EFC Newport on Sunday at 9 am and/or 11 am.
EFC Newport will have people available for prayer for anyone seeking it.
For more information on EFC Newport, visit www.efcnewport.com.
The Latest From WUN
- Concert Recap and Photos: Jake Blount at Common Fence Music (October 16, 2021)
- Cathleen Carr named new executive director of newportFILM
- Ocean State Job Lot hosting hiring events at all store locations
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve