- Today – Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Tonight – Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Today –NW winds around 5 kt, becoming SW this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Tonight –W winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming NW after midnight. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 41.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:00 am and sunset will be at 4:15 pm.
- The first low tide was at 1:39 am and the next low tide will be at 2:34 pm. The first high tide will be at 8:56 am and the next high tide at 9:17 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 2 days, lighting is 3%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
For a full schedule of Christmas In Newport Events, click here.
- 9 am – Sachuest Point Birding
- 10 am – Photos with Santa – Deck the Halls! at Audrain Automobile Museum
- 10 am to 4 pm – Artisan Craft Fair at Potter League For Animals
- 11 am to 4 pm – Holiday Sip and Shop at Salvation Cafe
- 11 am – Annual Student Showcase! at Portsmouth High School
- 11 am to 4:30 pm – The Broadway Holiday Walk-About
- 12 pm to 5 pm – Sip & Shop Sunday at Newport Vineyards
- 12 pm – Beach Cleanup at Gull Cove
- 1 pm – Elf Matinee at Jane Pickens Theater
- 1 pm – Kill The Lights at Rodgers Recreation Center
- 1 pm to 4 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. Dave Alves at Newport Vineyards
- 4 pm to 8 pm – The Jingle Bell Bash at Elks Lodge
- 4 pm – Portsmouth Pie Off at Ragged Island Brewing
- 4:30 pm – December Owl Prowl at Norman Bird Sanctuary
- 4:45 pm – Boy Erased at Jane Pickens Theater
- 7 pm – Christmas in Newport Concert at First Presbyterian Church
- 7:30 pm – A Star Is Born at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking for more more events, live music, or entertainment? Take a look at these stories…
- 50+ things to do in and around Newport this week
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings