- Today – Sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Tonight – Rain likely, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 41 by 5am. East wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Today – N winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming NE this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Tonight – Se winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Rain likely after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 39.9 °F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:11 am and sunset will be at 4:22 pm.
- The first low tide was at 4:14 am and the next low tide will be at 5:09 pm. The first high tide will be at 11:22 am and the next high tide at 11:57 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 11 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:46 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 20 days, lighting is 76%.
Things To Do
- 10 am – A Rough Point Holiday at Doris Duke’s Rough Point
- 10 am – Newport Memory Cafe at Newport Public Library
- 11 am – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Newport, RI: Psychic Medium Matt Fraser LIVE Group Reading at Newport Harbor Hotel
- 5 pm – Teens: Movie and a Pizza (Mystery Edition) at Newport Public Library
- 6:30 pm – Seafood Festival at LaForge Restaurant
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 26 – Jan. 1)
- Christmas In Newport Calendar