- Today – Increasing clouds, with a high near 48. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tonight – Rain, mainly after 3 am. Patchy fog between midnight and 3 am. Low around 45. Southeast wind 6 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Gale Warning in effect from late tonight through Friday evening
- Today –S winds around 5 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Tonight –Se winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Waves 1 foot or less, then around 4 ft after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Rain after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 39.9F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:08 am and sunset will be at 4:18 pm.
- The first high tide was at 5:18 am and the next high tide will be at 5:44 pm. The first low tide will be at 11:28 am and the next low tide at 11:09 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 12 days, lighting is 90%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- Christmas In Newport – For a full schedule of events, click here.
- 11 am to 5 pm – Beer Fixe Lunch Special at Taproot Brewing Co.
- 11 am – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse
- 11 am to 8 pm – Resilience Release at Taproot Brewing Co.
- 11:30 am to 5 pm – Half Price Oysters and Clams at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 12 pm to 5 pm – Present Wrapping by the Midtown Elves at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 4 pm to 8 pm Bottle release – 26 Pirates Imperial Stout – barrel aged at Ragged Island Brewing Co.
- 4:45 pm – Maria By Callas at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Santa Sleigh Ride throughout Newport
- 5 pm – EDS & Friends Annual Christmas Show at Emmanuel Churc
- 6 pm – “Meet Little Bexda!” Release Party! at Barnes & Noble
- 6 pm – Ugly Sweater Soirée at Audrain Auto Museum
- 7:30 pm WUN & JPT present: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation at Jane Pickens Theater
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 18 – 25)
Hope to see many familiar faces tonight at Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center for a special screening of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!
- Doors open at 6:30 pm. Movie begins at 7:30 pm
- Tickets are just $10 per person and are available for purchase online and will be available at the door (while supplies last).
- Complimentary Christmas cookies provided by Mokka Coffeehouse.
See you tonight! As always, thanks for your support of these fun nights out at The JPT.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune