- Today – Increasing clouds, with a high near 47. South wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Tonight –A chance of rain, mainly after 4 am. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Today –Se winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight –SW winds around 5 kt. Waves around 3 ft. A chance of rain after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 41.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:04 am and sunset will be at 4:16 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:14 am and the next high tide will be at 12:26 pm. The first low tide was at 5:24 am and the next low tide will be at 6:05 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 6 days, lighting is 36%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
For a full schedule of Christmas In Newport Events, click here.
- 9 am – Girl Scouts of Newport & Middletown Bookfair Fundraiser
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Liege Waffles at Ragged Island Brewery
- 4 pm – Holiday Lantern Tour
- 4:30 pm – A Star Is Born at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Holiday Arts Market at Jamestown Arts Center
- 7 pm – RHS Theatre Company’s “A Christmas Carol”
- 7 pm – OceanCliff’s 9th Annual Holiday Gala
- 7:30 pm – Maria By Callas at Jane Pickens Theater
- 7:30 pm – Christmas in Song at St. Barnabas
- 8 pm – Live Improv Comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking for live music and entertainment? Give this story a read – Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 11 – 17)
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup