On Thursday, December 6 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. the Emerging Leaders of the Newport County Chamber of Commerce will host an After Hours Celebration at SALTwater in the Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina. During the event there will be a brief speaking program about the Chamber’s increased focus on economic development and innovation. Rhode Island Commerce Secretary Stefan Pryor will provide an update from Commerce RI about how the State of Rhode Island is approaching economic development and the importance of having a robust talent pipeline. Erin Donovan – Boyle, Executive Director of the Chamber will inform attendees about a brand refresh campaign to launch in 2019 that will begin with selecting a new name for the Chamber. During the event attendees will have the opportunity to suggest new names for the Chamber, an organization that will turn 100 years old in 2020.
All members of the Greater Newport business community are welcome to attend this event. The cost is $5.00 for Chamber Members and $10.00 for non-members. Complimentary appetizers will be served and a cash bar will be available. Please visit NewportChamber.com to register.
The Chamber would like to thank the Emerging Leaders of Newport County committee sponsors: Saltwater Restaurant and Corrigan Financial.
The Newport County Chamber of Commerce is one of Rhode Island’s largest business advocacy organizations formed to enhance the business, civic and economic vitality of Newport County and greater Rhode Island. Our purpose is to leverage the region’s core assets to find solutions in the areas that matter most to the business and community, quality jobs, quality growth and quality of life. It is the second largest chamber in the state with nearly 1100 members representing over 50,000 employees.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays