Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s up for weather and events on this Election Day.
- Today –Occasional showers and thunderstorms before 1pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly after 1pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog. High near 61. Breezy, with a north wind 6 to 11 mph becoming south 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight – Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 10pm, then a slight chance of showers between 10pm and midnight. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog before 9pm. Otherwise, cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 53. Southwest wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from 1 PM EST this afternoon through this evening
- Today –E winds around 5 kt, becoming S 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 35 kt this afternoon. Waves around 3 ft. Patchy fog. Scattered showers with a chance of drizzle this morning. Widespread showers with isolated tstms this afternoon. Some tstms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall this afternoon. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight – SW winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming W 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 4 ft. Patchy fog in the evening. Widespread showers in the evening with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 53.1 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:24 am and sunset will be at 4:34 pm.
- The first high tide was at 6:22 am and the next high tide will be at 6:44 pm. The only low tide of the day will be at 12:18 pm.
- Today we have 10 hours and 10 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:29 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 28 days, lighting is 4%.
Things To Do
- All Day – Newport Restaurant Week returns to Newport & Bristol Counties
- 10 am – EBCAP Community Playgroup at Miantonomi Memorial Park
- 4 pm – Teens: You Can’t Tell Me What to Do (Open Studio) at Newport Public Library
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
- 7 am to 8 pm – Polls open for General Election
Looking For More Things To Do?
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million