Newport, RI – Here’s what’s up for the day ahead in and around Newport.
- Today – Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Breezy, with a southwest wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. West wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this evening
- Today –SW winds 20 to 25 kt, becoming W 15 to 20 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 35 kt. Waves around 7 ft.
- Tonight –W winds 15 to 20 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 6 ft, subsiding to 4 ft after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 48.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:49 am and sunset will be at 4:18 pm.
- The first low tide was at 3:27 am and the next low tide will be at 4:27 pm. The first high tide will be at 10:40 am and the next high tide at 11:16 pm.
- Today we have 9 hours and 29 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:33 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 19 days, lighting is 82%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- 4 pm to 6 pm – The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff
- 4:30 pm – Aquidneck Island Chess Club – First Meeting! at Middletown Public Library
- 4:30 pm – City of Newport Cliff Walk Commission Meeting
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Beer + Burger Night Tuesdays at Brix
- 6 pm – Speaker Series: Women in Business in the Marine Industry at Newport Yacht Club
- 6 pm – City of Newport Tree and Open Space Commission Meeting
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more