Newport, RI – Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!
We are so thankful for you all – our readers, subscribers, members, followers, advertisers, and everyone else who makes what we do possible. Thank you for believing in us over the last six years.
Still need reservations for today or need/know someone that needs a free meal today?
- Where to eat on Thanksgiving in Newport
- Newport County Community Meals Schedule – November 2018
- If we can get to it today, we’ll publish a list on whatsupnewp.com of what bars/restaurants are open today/tonight across the Island.
Sending warm thoughts and wishes to you and your family on this Thanksgiving Day,
~ The What’sUpNewp & What’sUpRI Crew
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this evening
- Today –NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight –NW winds 15 to 20 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 44.1F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:43 am and sunset will be at 4:20 pm.
- The first high tide was at 6:32 am and the next high tide will be at 6:57 pm. The only low tide of the day will be at 12:33 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 13 days, lighting is 98%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 20 – 26)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 20 – 26 )
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)