Newport, RI – According to the USDA, food insecurity is defined as any household that is uncertain of having, or unable to acquire, enough food to meet the needs of all their members because they have insufficient money or other resources for food.
Local organizations, businesses, nonprofits, and volunteers are address this very issue each and every day by providing community meals to those in need.
Below is a look at community meals that are provided throughout the month to those in need by our local community centers, churches, and other organizations.
If you need contact info, addresses or more information on any of the venues mentioned on the calendar, follow the link for the contact below the calendar. Perhaps if you have the means or time, you can support those organizations that are supporting our neighbors.
- Calvary United Methodist Church
- Channing Memorial Church
- Community Baptist Church Newport
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Emmanuel Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- Portsmouth United Methodist Church
- Salvation Army Newport
- Seamen’s Church Institute
- St. Augustin’s Newport
- St. Joseph’s Church
- St. Lucy’s Catholic Parish
- St. Mary’s Church
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
- St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
- The Church of Jesus Saviour
- Trinity Episcopal Church
- United Baptist Church
- United Congregational Church
The Community Meal Calendar is published monthly by Christian Action Center. What’s Up Newp will publish December’s calendar as soon as we receive it.